Friday, September 13, 2013

Mini Goal - Caffeine Free for Fourteen Days

Time for another mini goal!

I have a feeling this one will be much more difficult!

Let me espresso myself.

As a lover of espresso, coffee, cafe, tea, and Starbucks...I drink way too much caffeine.

Instead of going down to one cup a day (yes, it's much, much, more than this), I'm going cold turkey...for two weeks!!

Fourteen days without my morning french pressed coffee.

Fourteen days without my five cups of coffee/tea at work.

Fourteen days without my Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Covered Espresso Beans. (New favorite! If you haven't tried them, you'll be hooked!)

Fourteen days without my Thursday ritual Starbucks grande mocha (extra shot!).

What?!

I don't think this is too much of a stretch goal.

About two years ago I made it twelve days without caffeine.

On the other hand, my intake of caffeine since then has increased dramatically!!

Expectations

I'm going to be watching to see if I notice any differences in my body.

Any headaches or mood swings in the first few days (my wife will be the judge of this one). Possibly cravings and withdrawals.

Any increase in energy and waking up in the morning (I hear this can actually happen...we'll see).

I know I'll be tested daily, because I told my wife she didn't have to join the challenge - and that I would continue to make her french press coffee in the morning (she'll actually get two cups now, instead of one!).

In replace of my coffee and tea, I plan on drinking a lot more water.  I'll also add in some caffeine-free tea for a little variety.

Decaf coffee? Hell no! That's an abomination to the word coffee!

Preparation

My guess is good preparation would be key to this goal.

Start weening myself off during the week prior.

That would be the easy way...

Instead (and maybe because I know I'm going to be deprived of it) I've been ramping up!

My coffee in the morning, tea at work, and a handful of chocolate covered espresso beans! It's been a great week!

(I'm literally eating the espresso beans as I write this.)

Challenge

Challenge set, challenge accepted.

I start Monday morning!

Do you drink coffee? Would you be able to go cold turkey for a week? How about two?

Yours in exploiting life!
Quinn

No comments:

Post a Comment