Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Mini Goal - Caffeine Free for Fourteen Days - UPDATE

Hello.

My name is Quinn and I'm a caffeine-a-holic.

Its been eight days since my last fix.

I still catch myself wanting to grab the pot of coffee and start guzzling it.

I wake up in the middle of the night with the sweats - the espresso sweats.

But...

If I can do this, then you can too.


OK, so it really wasn't that bad to go eight days without caffeine (only six more to go!).

I did have the standard headaches the first and second days - the first being a horribly debilitating afternoon pain! - but then it calmed down. (I was pretty cranky - my wife might not agree that it wasn't 'that bad' these eight days.)

I was also pretty tired the first week - in the past (yes, only 8 days ago!), I'd reach for the coffee or tea as soon as I started feeling lethargic - but at this point I'm able to roll out of bed (at a decent time).

I'm not sure about the extra energy though. I'm still pretty tired at night.

I'm curious if going for the second week will make a difference in the energy levels - maybe steady energy throughout the day, instead of crashing in the late afternoon.

I'm pretty happy with myself - not only for making it eight days, but making it eight days while making coffee for my wife each morning!! It was my 'extra' challenge, to tempt myself every day.

She's pretty excited though, she gets a full pot of coffee, and no sharing!

Yours in exploiting life!
Quinn

No comments:

Post a Comment